The Kraków City Hall is located in the Old City, in the square called
"Plac Wszystkich Swietych" no. 3/4. We encourage you to have a walk
down the beautiful streets of Kraków Old City and through the famous
large Main Square to get there. See this
small map for a location of the Hall. The Reception will start at 7:00pm.
From the Novotel Hotel
the City Hall can be easily reached by public transport: you can take
a bus number 173 at the Novotel Hotel and:
For participants attending afternoon tutorials there will be a conference bus from the Novotel Hotel at 6:20 pm.
- either change from bus to tram number 18 at the «Cracovia Hotel» (see the attached illustrated itinerary)
- or have a walk (about 10 min.) from the Cracovia Hotel to the City Hall.
Please note that while using public transport special tickets should be validated by one of the vending machines placed inside the vehicle. Public transport tickets
(the same for buses and trams) can be purchased at most of the newspapers stands as well as from the bus- or tram-driver (at some additional cost). There are several types of tickets:
- 2.20 zl fare for a single trip
- 2.80 zl fare for a 60 minute trip
The Conference Dinner will be held on 18/09/2001 in Wieliczka Salt
Mine which is 20 km south-east from the city center. It will be
preceded by a guided Salt Mine tour lasting about an hour and a
half. Then the Conference Dinner will be held in one of the chambers
carved out of rock salt.
- Special buses will leave from the Novotel Hotel building at 5:45 pm and take you to the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Please don't be late!
- Please take warm clothes - it is quite cold (14°C) in the Salt Mine, 135 meters below the ground.
- Return to the Novotel Hotel (by buses) is foreseen at 11:00 pm.